• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333 DDR Ram problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RayTracer

Registered
hey,

I'm running a Athalon XP 2500+ Barton, w/ 333 FSB. and in the bios of my Asus A7V333 mobo when checking the processing speed. (default at 1832 mhz) it gives a warning at that speed and higher that the maximum dram frequency must be atleast 333 mhz.

My questions:
1. Is that talking about the actual DDR sdram on my mobo (it is 512 mb of 333mhz DDR ram)

2. Is this just a warning or is it showing only because it's not detecting that it is correct?

and

3. If it is the DDR ram, what problems could this be?

4. If it isn't, but is more than just a warning: where can i find the settings to set it correctly and what should i set them to?

Thank you.

im almost positive its just a warning.. am assuming its revision 2.0 (PCB) ..

i have the 1.02 pcb and i bumped up my fsb to overclock it to 333mhz and it gave me he same warning.

it probably only a reminder that your about to fry your board if you dont have the correct ram..

ok cool, thanks.

I got the computer running smooth now, fixed the vid card problem. It was strange, Had to install an old Nvidia card and remove all the ATI stuff - Then install on the new ATI card and it ran perfectly.
When I tried doing the exact same thing with 2 ATI cards it didn't work.

My last question for now, in the Bios it allows me to set the AGP setting to max 4x. Yet the A7V333 is supposed to be able to go to 8x? Anyway to fix this or is it actually going at 8x despite the CMOS saying otherwise?

well i would definetly check on the 8x AGP. To my knowledge a7v333 onl supported 4x agp. But they may have changed it on the new revision 2.0 for that board.
now with that said, if your board is 8x than are you sure your card supports 8x. I know that its backwards compatible but you must have a 8x AGP card. good luck let me know what happens..

if you can give me the low down on your setup again.
mobo, cpu , ram ,video model, sound card, nic, power supply, etc.....

Asus A7V333, Athalon XP 2500+ Barton, 512 333mhz DDR, Radeon 9600 XT 256 MB, SB Live 5.1, 3Com FastEthernet Adapter, 400W power supply.

The card definately supports 8x AGP.

I checked on Asus' website and it says it's an AGP Pro slot. but doesn't specify the speed.

Have not been able to find through searches whether or not AGP 8x is supported.

Sorry to say, the Via KT333 chipset is only AGP 4x capable. My understanding is that 8x only offers a small performance boost over 4x, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah sorry but it is only 4X AGP. Like mentioned above you will not notice a difference. I definetly wouldnt worry, just be glad the next time you upgrade you have it. Is your system new? ever thought about a $90 dolar upgrade? you could get the latest support. it will be well beyond what you 'll need.
Hey i would like to ask if you know if your Barton is locked or not ?
What are the numbers on it do you know?
Was it OEM or Retial ?

yep, it's retail. and the barton is unlocked.

got it currently at 2.17 ghz running stable.

Back