• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stability Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necromanx13x

Lately Ive been having some major stability problems. It all started when I attempted to do the vdimm mod about 2 weeks ago. Before I did the mod everything was running fine and totally stable at these settings:

223x11
1:1
2.0 Vcore
2.9 Vdimm
1.7Vcc
2,3,3,11 timings

Well I attempted to do the Vdimm mod (the one on mobofaqs.com) and after doing it it seemed that I was successful however, for some reason I ran into major troubles getting my system to run stable, even at the exact same settings i have above which it was stable at just minutes before doing the mod. Anyway, I played around with it for about a week and finally I just decided to screw it and so I cut off the resistor.

I went to try my old settings again and, to my suprise it failed p95 pretty quickly. Also, a few days after doing the vdimm mod and while it was still in I got my Antec TP550. I also had problems getting it to run 3dmark01 without exiting. After that I pretty much gave up for about a week since I just wanted to enjoy my vacation. Today I decided that I really need to get my computer working again so I went back and played around with the settings more. I set the memory to run at its stock speed with these settings:

217x11
1:1
1.95 Vcore
2.8 Vdimm
1.7 Vcc

Now theres no reason that my computer shouldnt be 100% stable at these settings but of course with my luck it wasnt. For a quick test I ran memtest86 test 5 for a few loops a number a times. For the most part I got no errors, however, a few times I would get 2 errors in the first pass then no errors after that. Im planning on running it all night with these settings to actually make sure its stable, which it should be (hopefully). In addition, 3dmark01 still randomly closes in the middle of the game tests. I tried playing around with the 3 voltages a bit but no combination seemed to work well. I seriously have no idea what is causing these problems and I can use any help I can get. Sorry about the length of this post but I really wanted to make sure that I covered everything. Thanks.

Have you tried the chipset voltage at stock. Some of the NF7-S Rev2 mobo run more stable with the chipset voltage at 1.5V.

I tried bringing it down to 1.6 which didnt help but why would it help since I was running totally stable at 1.7V before the mod? Ill try it anyway just to make sure though.

Is there anyway to tell if I may have messed up the mobo while doing the mod? This is really the only thing I can think of other than that something happened to the ram and ill find out about that tonight after I run memtest for a bunch of hours.

I ran memtest overnight at the stock ram settings and I got 166 errors in test 5 over a 10 hour period. However, I then ran memtest with one stick at a time and neither had any errors after about 1.5 hours...

Back