• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob has a problem with an NF7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kpiciulo

First let me say that I started reading this forum just 2 months ago and learned more than I could have imagined, thank you all for that. Second if this is in the wrong forum i'm sorry but i need help and it seemed similar to another thread I read in here.

Ok, here is the problem. I was overclocking my system (in the sig, i hope) when I saved the bios changes the screen went blank and I got the ever so annoying siren noise. Sadly i've done this before so i just killed the power and then restarted pressing insert as i've done before usually solving the problem. Then i set the computer to the default settings in the bios and when i started it up again i was given this error "windows could not start because '\windows\system32\config\system' is missing or corrupt." This upset me but i figured ok i'll just repair windows. This is where the problem lies, when i try this it tells me that windows detects no harddrives in my system. So i figured i'd try a fresh install (don't know why i thought that would help but i'm desperate) again "windows detects no harddrives in this system"

When the computer starts the bios shows my harddrive under the primary channel. I've tried changing the channel, it then shows up under the secondary channel but still won't start windows.

The last thing i did ( i think)was to up my fsb to 220 and the multi to 11.5 or 12, also i had the voltage at 1.85.

I am at a total loss, i even created a new email account just so i could post in this forum (oc doesn't like yahoo?)
Please help me.
Kevin

sorry for the long post.

Sorry about my post it was 3 a.m. i was tired. I'm not sure what bios version i have, and i couldn't find it on my computer, but i flashed it about 2 weeks ago if that helps. Also i forgot to mention the OS is Windows XP professional.

I have tried clearing the CMOS, sadly that didn't help. A guy on another forum said i should buy a new SATA cable, that doesn't seem to make sense to me but if there are no other suggestions i'll try that today.

Thanks
Kevin

I can finally get into windows repair, and now that i can, i found by Pimpshin with the exact same problem. Thank you for your help, though.

Kevin

Back