• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar M7NCG400 RTL or Shuttle MN31N?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Rotory

Disabled
Biostar M7NCG400 RTL or Shuttle MN31N? The fight for the cheapest integreted comp

Biostar M7NCG400 RTL or Shuttle MN31N?

Building a computer for a friend of a friend, kind of. The problem is that he is so dam cheap, so I'm looking for economy mobo's like ie: Biostar M7NCG400 RTL or Shuttle MN31N, which brand is better?

Also I"m putting in it a 2000+ palamino so it might run hot, the palamino is currently in my abit nf7-s and runs pretty cool at 1.75 v, I'm thinking i'm gonna put a volcano7 on it, think it will be sufficient?

BTW the

I just built a cheap PC using the Biostar M7NCG 400, PC2700 Buffalo RAM, Antec 2600AMB Case w/300PSU, 2x Panaflos 80MM, CoolerMaster Aero Lite HSF, and AMD 2100+ for under $300. The PC was for a friend that plays games every once in a while but it's main use is email and browsing. Both are good boards but since this was a low budget system I went with the lower priced Biostar.

Last edited:
Nicely done YSJ! That should be a good little rig for them. The one in your sig looks excellent as well, did you get a DUT3C or DLT3C on your XP1700+? Have you OC'd it yet? I almost bought one of those Solteks, sweet boards!

Regards, Balrog

Balrog, I got the AMD 1700+ DLT3C and I ordered it from newegg back in August. It was back when they had a lot if the T'Bred "B" and no sight of any "A" cores, but right after newegg started to send of a mix of both.

I have not OC'd yet but was planning on it since I bought the Kingston HyperX RAM for that very reason, and the Soltek board goes really well with everything it booted up with no problems at all.

Nice! Have Fun! Those DLT3Cs kick butt, usually 2.4ghz on air easy with a good HSF. I've got a bud trying to track one down for me, just got my DUT3C currently, but it'll do close to 2400mhz.

Regards, Balrog

Will overclocking software be able to raise the FSB on the MN31N? I'm considering that board but I need to know if I can bypass the officially supported FSB speeds (that are the only options give by the bios).

You can set FSB and memory timings in BIOS, multipliers and voltages must be done on CPU. If you're looking to OC a mATX nForce MoBo check out Epox's 8RGMI $83.00 @NewEgg, full OC BIOS of 8RDA+ & 8RGA+ No Soundstorm but nice C-Media 9739A 6 channel.

Regards, Szandor

Yeah, Balrog is right. You are thinking of the original bios released for the MN31N. When I got mine in october it had the full fsb and memory timings options in it already.

Yeah, I didn't realize how old the reviews were. But the MN31N is still the only mATX board with Soundstorm so that's what it's going to have to be.

Back