• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

voltage on north/south bridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
hi all i was just testing my chip set voltage just b4 i do the mod.....

and its as low as 1.53v i thought it should be 1.6v anyway ????

also i cant get a 15k pot for the mem mod will 10k do ?

Last edited:
im going to answer my own q lol

ive put a 10k pot on and set everything down to 2.6 in bios ......

so now at 2.6 in bios its actualy 2.91 tested with multimeter :D

spiritedandy said:
it doesnt psu holding me back :(

Now that's a bummer, all that work and not enough juice.:(

I hope my 430w holds out for a while longer.

Is there even a psu available to solve your problem?
(Not that it wouldn't cost a fotune)

spiritedandy said:

gl, I hope so too.

If you don't mind me asking, how much of your setup runs off your main psu?

I'm adding a vdimm mod, a tornado 80mm, a cpu cooler on my r9700, and planning to overclock everything. I have a 430w antec true psu and I was going to connect it all to that.

You've got me a little worried it may not keep up with all the mods.:(

the water cooling runs off mains .....and the pelt runs off a meanwell power supply.....everything else runs off psu ......

i think youres will be ok its alot better than my q tec 550w:)

power supply did not work just the same as my q tec which i bought for £20 mmmmmmm ive just paid £104 for nothing :( :( :(

anyway what is the highest (safest) chipset voltage ? im at 1.89 at the mo and thats as high as i can go

spiritedandy said:
the water cooling runs off mains .....and the pelt runs off a meanwell power supply.....everything else runs off psu ......

i think youres will be ok its alot better than my q tec 550w:)

Thanks spiritedandy, I haven't had a problem but no new volt mods yet, a minor problem with my video heatsink mod held me up.

As far as I've seen, 1.8v is the recomended safe limit for the chipset voltage. That has always assumed you wanted the board to last a normal lifespan, and had a fan on NB and passive SB sink, I haven't gone over 1.81, so your in new territory for me.

I may be up there soon though, I've just installed a microcool northpole and half a stock amd cooler on my sb complete with the 60mm fan, hehehe. :D

I know some abit users have been at 1.9+, but I don't know what cooling they used or how the boards held up. Perhaps the abit forum here will be more help on this one.

Sorry to hear the psu didn't do it for you, too bad you can't hook them both up, lol.:(

Hi spiritedandy

You might wanna take a look at this topic which was the PSU i used

MY DEAD 550W QTEC

Im now using a ANTEC TRUE BLUE 480 watt PSU which is a nice piece of kit

If i were you throw that PSU in the scrap bin as im never touching cheap PSU's again i was lucky that my qtec didnt take my pc along with it

Thanks Sven

Back