• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashed wrong BIOS help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spazzmattah

I have the NF7 rev 2.0 motherboard. Two nights ago I flashed the board with BIOS 23. Yes I know, this BIOS is only for rev 1.0 ~ 1.21 only. It was like 1:30 AM when I did this. Anyways, now the motherboard is dead. No beeps, no video, no post. It powers up but that's about it. Is there a way to undo my stupidity short of reprogramming the EEPROM with a working NF7 board?

Why the Windows program let me flash this board with the wrong BIOS is a bad thing. Shouldn't it be idiot proof?

Well if you flashed the wrong bios file you can bet that nothing you can do besides getting it reprogrammed will fix it.

If you have another board around with the same chip you could always do a Hot-Swap or PM me for a replacement chip or reprogramming.

Thanks Tmod. I called Abit support and they told me pretty much what you said. I asked them why the flash program allowed me to flash the wrong BIOS and he said that the flash program can tell the different board model, but not the board version #. So I cannot flash a KR7 BIOS to an NF7 board for example.

Anyways, I RMA'd my board with Newegg and ordered another NF7. Newegg will refund me the full amount when they receive the dead board. Glad I ordered from Newegg.

You bet. Here's my RMA that I submitted:

QTY
Description

MB nForce2|5P1A4D NF7 ABIT 8X ATX R
Customer Comment

Create by 1/5/2004 8:40:53 AM I flashed this motherboard with a wrong BIOS and it is no longer working. I called Abit and they said the only way to get that board working again to reprogram the EPROM, which I cannot do. Abit suggests RMAing the board with the vendor.

=====================

I didn't want a repair, so I called them after I created this RMA and told them that I wanted a refund. They said they will refund me 100% since I'm ordering a replacement.

Back