• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few questions about the NF7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crap

Registered
Howdy. I just got a NF7 motherboard, and I was curious to know how one goes about telling if it is the rev. 2.0 version or not. Also, how do I identify what BIOS version my NF7 is using. Which BIOS do you guys recommend? Thanks buttloads.

If it's a rev 2.0 it should have holes around the cpu socket for ataching a waterblock/bolt on heatsink, as far as what bios you have hit pause/break when booting and your info should be there, I have a rev 2.0 Nf7-s so I really don't wanna guess which bios would be best for your Nf7, but try different ones, use the flash program from abit, allows you to flash from windows, it works well and is very easy, I have flashed mine about 6 times so far, just make sure everything is set to stock and stable before flashing otherwise you could have a dead board:eek:

-Milkman

There is a sticker on the board and on the box that should specify if your particular board is a Rev 2 or not.

To check which version BIOS you have, get CPU-Z, and check the date of the BIOS. Then, goto Abit's site, and look at the different BIOS there and see which dates match up.

Well, the rev 1.2 also has mounting holes for Heatsinks and Waterblocks, so this is not a perfect method for detecting the revision.
As mentioned, there is a sticker under the PCI slots which will tell you which revision you have, and also, you can use CPU-Z to find out which revision of the NF2 chipset you have. If the revision is "C1" (without quotes), then you have a rev 2 motherboard.

Back