• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S & corsair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

I just set up my abit board. turned it on and I get a BEEEEEEP----BEEEEEEP----BEEEEEEP----BEEEEEEP it keeps going on and on.
I call abit after 19mins on hold they said that beep is a memory error. I tryed all the slots for the ram and still get that beeping.

I have Corsair PC3200XMS 512mb.

I had to take it all apart and set mu asus board up again just to write this.
I wanted to know is there a problem with useing corsair on the NF7-S boards?

my dad had same problem with Crosair PC3500 ram and he also tried Twinmos PC2700 and it was the same so he sent it back and got another abit NF7-S and its fine now

I'm using 2 sticks of 256mb PC3500 without any problems. Could be the mobo or your stick or RAM that's the problem.

If your Corsair RAM works on another pc, then you need to RMA that mobo.

same

I have the same problem with a 512 stick of corsair 3200 XMS. The board will boot with any other stick of RAM I have, and with the corsair and another stick, but not with the corsair alone. The corsair RAM works in 2 other motherboards, and I'm getting my friend to test it in another. I don't want to RMA the board as I have done some mods that are only somewhat reversable, and I can't returen the RAM either because I took off the spreaders to paint them with UV paint. Well... it's an excuss to get a new twin pack.:-/

try setting your memory to turbo setting, unplug the power and leave for 5 secs, plug back in and boot

Mine did the same thing,what I did was clear the CMOS and take the battery out for a few min. and I was able to get into the Bios.

update

I have gotten my corsair to work, even though my friend said that it didn't work in his intel board either. I got an idea how to fix it when I was messing with frequencies. Using the cheap working RAM, I set the divider to lower the RAM freq so I could see how high the fsb would go, and it wouldn't boot with any divider other than 1/1, 3/3, 6/6, etc. I set the divider in bios to 6/6 (333DDR) using the working ram, and set some relaxed timings. I stuck in the corsair RAM, the settings stayed, and it booted. I then changed the divider to 5/6(400DDR) and it surprisingly it still worked. I'll see if it will overclock with tight timings next.

I'm sure that many of the ideas would you. but the thing is I can even get into the bios. it wont boot at all. as soon as I hit the power button it beeps and thats it.

the only way i could get into bios was by using a different stick of ram, and the only way the corsair worked was setting a divider that worked with the corsair RAM (trial and error), and sticking in the corsair. However, it seems that if i go into bios with my corsair ram and try to save new settings (save at all) it beeps again. I still don't know what is at fault, so I can't help there.

Yeh, mine does that beep beep beep trick too as I call it. I figured out what cures it for me, and may help you. I learned that like when it does it, I learned that it isn't it slot one. Like I tried two stick of ram, and you had to boot with the 2 in single channel, then after the first time you booted, you could turn it off them put them in dual channel slots. Same for my Corsair 3200, I have to have it in a certain slot, depending on how it is. I am sure you have tried it in different slots, but that is very annoying. Slot one ALWAYS works for me though after my rig has been off. I found for it to always do this trick after you unplug your pc, then you have to put it in certain slot first boot, then switch afterward. Damn that made no since and was confusing as hell:p

Anyway, on a side note, you guys with the same ram as me, what is the trick to get this stuff to overclock? I can't even get this stick to go over 210 stable. I have tried pletoras of timings, and still no go? Are their any odd timing sets I should be aware of and try?

Thanks and hope something their helped/made since. Sorry for the confusion in first paragraph.:)

Drak55 said:
the guy from abit told me that my corsair 3200 might not be compatible with the board.

I am determined to get mine to oc, I have been fooling with timings and stuff every since I got this mobo with it, this ram wouldn't oc in my Soltek mobo either though, so I am wasting my time probably but I just expected better:(

Back