• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Come on... it has to!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ayoung

Does this NF7-S have some button to where you overclock too much and it wont post it will set it back adn then it will post.

All my Epox's have this and I figured since this was voted by us members to be one of the best, if not the best board it would have it.

Kinda sucks everytime I over clock too much and i gotta pull my case off and change a jumper:rolleyes: :(

Overclock Restart

I am a newbie, (so got many unpostable o/c attempts)! With my setup, all I have to do is turn the computer off, wait a little, and power up holding down the Delete key. This gets me into the Bios
where I can change the settings and then attempt anoter boot.

I have not yet had to use the Insert Key. According to the manual, You power off for 1 min. restart holding down the Insert Key, then press the Delete key to get into the bios, so it may not have an automatic setting that will allow you to boot.

E

On my epox I think I held down Insert and Delete at the same time and it'll get you into bios. But that was on my 8rda+.

Thanks hafaphoto, ill try it.

I am not sure about a button you can use. But you can reset the CMOS to revert it back to the normal settings so it can post.

AmpCoder said:
I am not sure about a button you can use. But you can reset the CMOS to revert it back to the normal settings so it can post.

Thats what I was doing.

But it was a PITA.

Adam

If u OC too much and system won´t post, on NF7 (at least rev 2.0):
Turn system off, unplug PSU from AC connector, turn on system and press delete...
the trick is unplug PSU... and then do normal...
GL

I made a Cmos reset switch from a cd cable and a 120/240v switch from an old Atx power supply, I mounted the switch in my empty 3 1/4 bay, works great and no need to open the case, altohugh my Nf7-s hasn't needed it much.

-Milkman

I had a switch on my a7n8x, to clear CMOS, too
with nf7, never ever had to clear it, when mobo don´t post I do what I said in my last post.

Usually holding insert will work. I have found that when you really botch an OC sometimes the insert won't work and you have to clear CMOS. It is kinda of a PITA to clear the CMOS. I keep my case unscrewed when I'm not transporting it, and I know my bios settings so it's not that bad though.

Back