• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clearing the AN7 CMOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawker22

Registered
This is related to some other threads, but it may be so important that I decided to start a new one.
When I went to clear my CMOS, because of a BOIS update due to my CPU VCore problem, I noted that the jumper was shorting the two leftmost pins--supposedly 1 and 2. BUT, when I looked in the manual, they have the pins numbered from righ to left, with #1 being on the right. If the default is to have the jumper on pins 1 and 2, and clearing CMOS is to put it on 2 and 3, then my board had the jumper in the wrong position. Are we forgetting that some languages read from righ to to left?? AND could this be the root cause of a lot of our problems.
SO, where is your jumper sitting for default, on the left or on the right as you look at the board?????????
Mine is on the left. GAD, I hope it is wrong.
Hawker22

SUCCESS SUCCESS I want to state that I will now bet that every AN7 owner who is having the wrong default VCore reading on their board, and causing an undue high CPU temp, will find their CMOS jumper in the wrong(leftmost)position.
I confirmed it on the US site and made the jumper switch from the left side( where it was out of the box) to the right side, reset the BIOS settings to optimum default and booted it up.
Result. My Vcore default was 1.68 and my XP is now running with guru showing VCore of 1.7 and CPU temp showing 37C ---- down from 2.1 and 54C.
I knew there was a problem, and there was.
Hope this helps folks.
Hawker22

Last edited:
Back