• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7v8x-x just wont let me change fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jo3

I had problems when i had my ddr2100 ram when i would try to up the fsb. it wouldnt move. or atleast the bios would say it did but windows wont recognize it. and seeing as how i have a 2600+ and its made for ddr2700 i figured id get new ram. So today i bought 512mb pny Verto ddr3500 ram and when i get home the board wont run on anything over 166 fsb! NO MATTER WHAT!

I WANT MY 400Mhz DAMN IT! D:

anyone know why my board hates me?

The a7v8x-x only supports 300mhz system bus which is 166x2 DDR Going above this overclocks the PCI bus which is a no go for me as my IDE RAID card goes nuts and causes loads of errors.

i cant even up the fsb though thats the thing. no matter what i change it wont move it up or down. it will only work when i clock it at 266 or 333... D:

try leaving especially the memory timings at default and maybe other multi as well. my a7n8x-x went well with 200 fsb with this optimal settings. the moment i changed any settings on the ram, it ceased to boot up.

Back