• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prime95 is angry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Absolute Zero

hello, i have a problem. what else is new?

when i set my fsb around anything higher than 205, i get an error in prime 95 declaring so. i don't want to sent the nice people at folding@home bad work units, so what in the world is my problem?

ps not the cpu, messes up on a multiplier of 7x

205*11.5 is pretty respectable as these things go. More details required. Voltage (Vcore, DDR). Northbridge mod? Temps? Generally if you get errors you raise voltage or back off a bit.

Are you running DDR at 100%? AGP at 66?

cpu voltage stock, i'm only running at 210 x 9.5

agp=66, ddr voltage at max, didn't start that way, but i thought it could be my memory. stock northbridge and with the passive heatsink. tried it with a fan on it, still nothing.

What's your cpu interface set to?

When mine was set to aggressive, could only get 210 fsb stable, now I'm stable at 220 fsb with it set to optimal. I'm running Kingston HyperX PC3000 1024 mb at 2-3-3-11 with 2.9v, Uber Bios 1004.

What kinda ram you got, what's it's rated speed and timings? What PSU you got, how are your voltage rails?

if you look at my signature, you can get all that information. however, my rails may be a bit as (the +5v runs at 4.89 all the time). when i look at many people with stock northbridge cooling hitting the 230's fsb, i'm driven to bouts of insane jealousy where i kick small woodland creatures. i haven't had any errors in any other programs, and if i put the fsb to just 205, it's perfect. maybe my chip has special learning needs, and i just need to accept it for who it is.

Do you have a Rev 1.x or 2.0 board? Rev 2.0 boards almost always hit 210+ mhz, but 1.04 or lower are lucky to get 200mhz.

You can tell by looking between the 2nd and 3rd pci slots (from bottom of board).

i thought i had that in my sig. it's a rev 2.0. i can get it to post as high as 225, but not go into windows. at 210 i can get into windows and fold all day, but i stopped whenever i learned i was putting out errors. i tried putting my vdimm all the way to 2.8, still nothing. i'm going to run memtest now.

Back