• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck at 210 FSB, Ideas anyone???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MetalStorm

Ok, I have been trying to get some more juice out of this board, and I have got no-where.

This is my rig so far:

NF7-s v2 BIOS 17 (needed for SATA RAID array
2x256mb sticks of PC3500 Kingston HyperX
A locked 2500+ barton (hence the reason for wanting more FSB)
vcore - 1.85v
vdd - 1.86
ram - 2.7v

I have tried running the ram in single/dual channel - no extra FSB
CPU Interface Disabled/Enabled - difference 5MHz tops
FSB and AGP Spread spectrum - off
L12 200MHz FSB mod - no change
Pencil trick - reducing resistor from 580 Ohms, to 520 Ohms - now running at 1.86v - NO CHANGE in FSB
Loose ram timings - no difference (as expected)

IDEAS ANYONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
The core is running at 1.85v, which I think is more than it needs by a good margin, the ram is at 2.7v at 11-3-3-2 but even when running with these timings 9-4-4-2.5 and below its stock speed (PC3500 ram runs at stock 217FSB (434MHz)) it STILL can't boot at above 210FSB

It can post at 210, but when finishes loading - before it gets to the logon screen, it BSODs, once or twice it has got past the login screen, it BSODs in windows shortly after.

I may be out of my league here but what multi?

What multiplier are you using? Mine will only run at 11, if I try 10 or 11.5... no boot. I did not see what you are using in your post, but I can get above 210 with about 1.7 vcore.

Good luck!

E

The multi is locked at 11, I can change it, and the mobo thinks its changed but there is no change in clock speed. But basically, its locked.

Memory timings maybe?

I would think you could go higher with that vcore and all. I am very new to the computer building and overclocking. I got these memory timings from Hoot, maybe they will help. I run mine at 11 3 3 2.5 . I have tried lowering them and got some lockups so maybe you could try those settings or look around for info on memory settings for better info.

E

Back