• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Out of Spec Voltage...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strages

Ok, I need to take my voltage higher than 1.85v for my o/c to be stable, but the board gives me the "out of spec" beeping (two-tone beep, but no crash... it does ask me to shutdown though) when I go above 1.825v. How are people hitting such high voltages while not having to worry about the board not liking it (I know the board can handle much more, usually like 2.1v without modding... I've got my mofsets cooled at the moment also).. any ideas???? See sig for cooling and temps - highest I got in TOAST was 46.5C, but highest in any game has been no higher than 40C (before it crashed of course)...

I've never had that problem, but I use watercooling. I did get similar beeps when I switched to air cooling and didn't turn the voltage back down. It might be a temperature issue, I'm not sure.

I figured out what the problem was, the threshold of my vcore in Hardware Doctor was resetting to 1.8v everytime I raised it past 1.85 for some reason. When I raised the threshold back to 2.10 (which it normally is set at), the beeping went away and I now have a wonderfully stable system at 2402 (11x218)... I'm thinking of taking it even higher once I get my microcool chipsinks and Artic Silver Adhesive in the mail next week :D

I had pretty much the same problem anytime I'd go over 1.85v I'd get a siren at post and my temps were low and today I repalced my antec artic silver with artic silver 5 and boom I can hit the roof with my vcore

Back