• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheTick

With a peltier cooling on the cpu, and some decent air cooling and a good case, with no motherboard mods, what is the limit I can get out of an OC, the ram will be buffalo pc-3500.

My chip is an unlocked Barton 2500+.

Thx

Soon, I can go into the general chat.

I did a search, and came up with nothing definite.

You can probably hit 11*220 pretty easily. You may need to give your ram 2.8v or 2.9v (flashing with Uber BIOS gives you 2.9v options, see http://www.nforcershq.com forum). I'm not finished upping my fsb on my A7N8X (non-deluxe) and I'm hitting 10*220 @ 2-3-3-11 2.9v vdimm (haven't tried lower voltages). Is your Buffalo BH-5? If so you'll have an easier time. You can maybe hit 11*230, but you won't go much above that, fsb-wise without more nb and/or sb cooling and a vdd (chipset voltage) mod.

My barton is rather crappy, stepping is AQXEA0323 and it's just not gonna do 2.3 ghz-I think I've hit 2.27, maybe 2.28 at 1.85v.

Some tips for hitting a high fsb: keep your cpu interface set to optimal, try different BIOSes, the 1004 gives highest fsbs for many, ask around at nforcershq- they're A7N8X experts. Good luck.

Back