• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler recommendation for overclocking on AN35NU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PingSpike

I've been looking at the SLK-900A, and maybe a quieter panoflo fan. I really don't think I'll be able to stand a tornado, I was it reasonably quiet.

What have you guys been using? What are your results?

I plan to run dlt3c(?) 1800+ at between 2 and 2.2ghz. Obviously as cool as possible. Will the SLK fit on my board?

The bolt on design...I've heard it really bends the motherboard, is this true?

Thanks.

An slk800A works very well, is slightly smaller, it will give you more room to take it off and on if you want to, the cool as well or better. I used a fan from an x-dream cooler, it has a speed control, is not expensive and works very well. Now I have a tiasol 760762 that is basically silent and keeps mine 34-36C 11x200. Shuttle an35nu's are great boards.

See my sig, i had to notch the slk-947 so it would clear some of the capacitors, but it works really well. With the case cover on it's not as loud as you'd think.

I'm still undecided on the clipon versus bolt design. I've heard some board bending horror stories.

Has anyone had any trouble getting the slk900A or U to mount? Like hitting capacitors, etc?

I used to have a tornado fan, it was just barely endurable with the case on...to loud for my taste. I've heard the panaflos are good about quiet operation and still perform respectably.

The U bolt-ons should be fine if you don't overtighten them. Some of the bigger SLKs conflict with the caps, however many have just trimmed the corner of the mounting plate on the Us and they fit, don't know if you want to do that or not. My V-12 is still working great, I'm planning on using this set for additional fans in my new set-up, been hearing some great things about it. Check it out.

Regards, Balrog

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-999-118&catalog=62&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

I forgot to mention, the voltages are stock. I had to do the same thing with my slk-947 to get it to clear.

I ordered a slk-900a and a tt smart fan II from excaliberpc.com (cheap and fast) and got them today and I'm very pleased with the performance despite a few set-backs. I had to bend the clip to get it to fit correctly. It was coming up a 1/4" short and if that wasn't all, the fan only runs wfo because the manual control was doa. Other than those two things everthing else is great. SLK-900a and variable fan:thup:

Back