• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s bios version

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kramer1974

Registered
I have been having issues with my temp readings from my mobo for my cpu. I can turn my puter on and get 41-42c idle and my room is pretty cold. Then I can reboot and im sitting idle at like 38-39c...any ideas?

i think it might be my bios version. I look in sisoftware sandra under bios and it sayds smbios/dmi 2.20...does that mean i have version 20 cause the date of the bios is 10/9/2003...and on abit's site that corresponds to version 19. If that is the case then I should flash bios to 20? or to 21? I have read that 21 is not a good bios..

thanks

I used 21 for a little bit with my nf7-s while it was still working...there was nothing wrong with it. I suggest you get the Patched version with the different SATA bios. There was some issues with some users because of RAID.

Thanks im not using SATA so that is not an issue. I am really trying to find out if sandra is telling me i have bios 20...or if its 19...im going to go into the bios right now and check.

does anyone have any idea about the temp issues?

thanks again.

I know that the smbios in sisoft sandra does not mean your bios version. If the date upon startup corresponds with the date on the abit site for v19 then that is what you have. Im not sure about the temp issues. One way to check its not the thermistitor, you can reseat your processor and make sure the thermisititor is touching the back of the cpu.

yeah i just checked in my bios and on the end of that long number it says 19 so im on bios 19...

i just rebooted and now im reading 37c and doesnt seem to be going up its very odd.

i put the chip in and it was all firm in the socket and locked it down. so not sure if its that...

i heard that some bios dont read the temps well...any words on that?

and i should definitely up it to version 20?

thanks for all the help.

Hey Kramer....

you know who this is..... :cool:

what carmine is saying (and i mentioned this when we were building ur puter) is that there is a thermistor on the mobo that sits at the cpu socket. that thermistor must be properly seated on the cpu for an accurate read.

i'm thinking, however, that if the thermistor was seated incorrectly, you would simply get inaccurate temp readings at all times, not fluctuating like urs is. my guess is that it's a bios issue.

so go ahead and flash the bios. then u can help me flash mine. i am SICK of being the guinea pig......LOL

see ya on the ice!

It just occurred to me to ask.......are you relying on MBM5 for your readings? if so, try the Abit hardware monitor proggie. i believe that takes it's readings from the mobo thermistor. i'd be interested to see just how that compares to mbm5.

Back