• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first Overclock! TY OC.COM!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blue Screen OD

Like my title says, I did my first ever overclock today! I've been reading this forum for over a year now, and you guys rule! I've just been too broke to buy the goods. Well I finially went out and bought a bare-bones system that would allow me to join (even if barely) the ranks of my heroes...You!
Remember. this is my first ever system.:))

CPU:Athlon XP 2200+
Mobo: Gigabye GA-7S748
Mem: Samsung DDR 2700 256mb(all I could afford)
AGP: Aopen GF4 MX440 64M 8X AGP
And last but not least, my
ANTEC SX635B II 17" ATX case 350w
I'm very happy with my system right now for my very first one. I have it currently running very stable at 1900MHz.
(I know it's a very limp OC but nevertheless an OC).
My first!

Thanks for doing what you do my friends!!!

Blue Screen OD,
Welcome into the fold:D , I thought someone was watching from the shadows:p

Ok, so now youve taken the first step, let the maddness begin, welcome to the world of constant tweaking, upgrading, experimenting and the like............

Laterz,
3sixes -aka- dafanman:cool:

Thankyou for the warm welcome :).

I have a concern about my cpu temp, its at 60c which seems a bit high for a system like mine... I have a case fan and a duel fan power supply. What could be wrong here? Bad cpu-heatsink placement?

are you using an AMD heatsink or an third party one, if you are using the AMD one try to get something like thermalright or thermaltake heatsinks and fan, also buy arctic silver 3 to put on the heatsink (first remove the thermal pad on the heatsink) anyways good luck have fun, and hope this helps.

Ya it's the heatsink/fan that came with the unit, thanks fazz33, I was hoping to spend my next paycheque on a 512 of corsair, but you're right, the cooling definately will take priority.

Welcome to the forums ^^

My first oc was puny too, i had my 1.33 ghz tbird @ 1.4ghz so everyone starts somewhere, but its an addiction, no that you started you'll always be trying to squeeze one more mhz out of everything.

note: A GOOD ADDICTION! lol, a really good one.
oh im gonna build a new system soon, im gonna try to oc it like crazy, i tell you its " awsome " specs

amd athlon 1900! tbred
nforce 2 ultra 400 mobo
256megz 333mhz ram
ATI radeon 9200
...oh heres the good part...(my spare parts! lol)
8.4gig hd
8x CD rom!
floppy drive (pull from my cuz old amd k5 (ahahaha)

Last edited:
Thanks again for the welcome:) I figured out my heat problem. The newest bios for my mobo (F5 beta) specifically adresses an error in the bios temp reporting. The windows @Flash utility doesn't even show this bios version(being a beta I would assume). After the F5 flash I'm down to 49c (much better than 62c) lol! Maybe now I'll push this rig a bit more.

Last edited:
my first o/c

This is my first overclock on my first system. It has taken me a while i've don it properly n researched alot. I have reached the full potentail of my mobo as i can not access ram timings :eh?: . my system is fully stable proven by a 1hour 30mins torture test by prime 95 the official o/c'ing judge. from my AMD Athlon XP 2200+ (1.8ghz) i have pushed it to 2.08ghz without being able to adjust ram timings or taking my cpu voltage above 10% this is all i can acheive give or take 1 or 2 mhz lol. i have encountered a few problems on the way like cpu temps not to high but confusing. i went from a stock cooler (aluminium) with ceramic paste with a cpu temp of 52*C over clocked, to a thermalright 100% copper heatsink with artic silver 5 an uprated fan and my temp is still 52*C overclocked. also my rubish BIOS that will dus not contain ram timings :shrug: . but other than my graphics card spazzing out sometimes :shrug: its mint. anyone that could help me with any of my issues pls do!!
Gfx card: ATI Radeon Saphire 9200SE Atlantis (also crap)
HDD: Maxtor 40Gb (15Gb remaining lol)
DVD/CD rewriter/reader/writer: Liteon SOHW-1673s (very good does everything now iv flashed it lol)

Last edited:
You will have to do a ctrl F1 to get the additional features for adjusting ram timings on ure Gigabyte board.

The AS5 will take a good few hours to bed in to seal it needs about 100hrs to 200hrs to show a difference (correct me if im wrong) make sure you have applied it correctly and the sink is making good contact with the core.

What thermalright sink are you using and what fan?
:welcome:

Last edited:
Back