• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot Problems !! Steps to take ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bergtkeller

Disabled
i have a asus a7v333 and i cant get it to boot. no fans or beeps nothing!!
will it start up with no ram or cpu installed?
should i remove everything and try that way?

what is the bare minimum i need to boot?
soemone said all i need is ram in dimm 1 and i should boot ok..(obviously going to get error reporting for cpu)
but what are the tried and true way of determining a failed mobo.

i forgot to mention i have a gren light on too
system ran fine then i modded my L1's (old pally core trick)
put cpu in and BAM nothing.. i took cpu and bam nothing..

NOW what??

i am tired of comp. problems. hopefully my new setup will help out but i would like to keep my current investment up and running..

new stuff on the way= abit nf7-s v2.0 with barton 2500 (god i hope its unlocked !! ) and new fortron power supply 350.

Hey, This board is not a particular favorite of mine...but what I would do would start with the basics...Floppy, Video Card (PCI if you have one), RAM, and of course Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, and Power all plugged in. Those in my opinion would be the basics.

Try moving a functioning stick of RAM to the last (3rd) Dimm slot and booting up...also try booting without any memory to see if you get beeps...Should be an endless loop of them if there's no RAM on the machine

What you want to determine is if the board is trying to post and if not why is it not posting? Beep Codes are our best friend in this situation. Keep us Posted on your progress

well i have my mobo laying on some cardboard and have the power supply plugged in. its dead !! Im gonna rma it while i can .. its just about up.. luckily it happened now, not two months from now..

ethics police!!

If you brned out the MoBo with doing a wrong trick to the CPU I feel that it's wrong to RMA. As it's not a production fault that the board stopped working.

i know these forums do not like that kind of attitude

Back