• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone @2.1v on A7N8Xrev2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
hi all as it says is anyone running at 2.1v or over on the a7n8x delux rev 2.0 .....

i cant run past 2.0v any idias ?

EDIT vcore

Last edited:
I saw a thread somewhere, I can't find it now, about the vcore having overvoltage protection at ~2.15v. I don't know about the chipset, I thought a smaller resistor would let you go as high as 3.3v.

smaller resistor would let you go as high as 3.3v.

mmm yes it will i have no probs there ...ill have a look for that thread....but i cant reach 2.02 nevermind 2.1+

:( ..... i know i can go higher but it wont boot up ......

spiritedandy said:
smaller resistor would let you go as high as 3.3v.

mmm yes it will i have no probs there ...ill have a look for that thread....but i cant reach 2.02 nevermind 2.1+

:( ..... i know i can go higher but it wont boot up ......

I wish I could find that thread for you.

You're talking about the vcore not booting over 2.02, right?

Sorry I'm confused, I was talking about the chipset voltage when I mentioned 3.3v because that is vin for the regulator chip. I don't know about the vcore regulator.

Found it!

You may need to pm PMM, and hope he doesn't mind sharing with you, read the thread and you'll understand.

Even then its not been done alot, so good luck.:D

Artisan thanx again this is a habbit thankin you lol ...ill have a good read l8ter

Fronic

its easy to do you just need a pomona grabber number 5243-2...then you dont have to solder......

and a 50k variable resistor or pot (potentiometer) as they are called ....i could not get 50k so put a 47k on .......

im not sure where you are in the world but radio shack seems the choice for the USA

and here in the uk i went to Warwick Test Supplys .....

here is how to do it
http://www.ocforums.com/vb/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=232262&highlight=volt+a7n8x

here is a pic of mine you can see the grabber on the chip leg

Last edited:
I know, your welcome but I'm afraid you thanked me too early. At least you have an idea what the problem is and don't have to waste time changing stuff that won't help.:(

If I was a member over there I would ask exactly what he did, just out of curiosity, but even then my air cooling can't handle the actual 1.9+v I get when I set the vcore to 1.85.

I learned alot in my recent mods though, and plan to start watercooling soon, so rest assured I will be asking you many questions then, lol :D

I may even wreck my mobo trying that extreme vcore shutoff fix.:)

Too bad there isn't an easier mod, I'm hoping someone comes up with one. All I can say is I'll let you know if I find one.

Back