• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kinda ****ed!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GSXR1000

Registered
I just built my new system...finally got the power supply i was waiting for. Antec trueblue 480. Last night everything just shuts down. Now power supply is dead. I can hook up my old one and get power....but my computer doesnt go past the asus screen when i boot it up. Tried clearing the cmos a few times...nothing. Anyone have any similar problems? Did the power supply take the motherboard with it? All of this stuff is about 2 weeks old. I really cant afford to buy all new stuff again. Specs are...A7N8X-E deluxe, 2500+, 512 Corsair xms 3200 pro, ati 9600, WD 200 gig

Well I highly doubt your board is broken...If it shuts down all the way (as in turns off like you pulled the plug) then it could be overheating. If it turns on and you can post and get into the bios, try checking the temps and the voltage rails. Also, dont worry if anything is broken, because you can send it all back to where you got it..Also I have sent RMA's to both Asus and Antec and have had great luck with that. Dont sweat it.:cool:

I've had a somewhat similar problem with my A7V600 board. Mine would stick at the POST and the HDD activity lights would stay on (this happens only when I set it to 11x204, 11x203 and 11x209 run fine). If I disconnected the IDE cables of my drives and start it up, I could change my settings back and it would fire up. Hook the drives back up and away it goes.

Hey craneage i really owe you!! That worked. I unhooked everything and it let me go right into the bios. Hooked it all back up and it booted into windows. Makes me feel better knowing that all i have to get replaced is the power supply. I really appreciate you and Bon3thugz help. thanks

I'm still wishing for a BIOS update to fix my problem, although I don't see it happening anytime soon. It still scares me every time, even though I know it will restart eventually.

Back