• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Higher multipliers on KT7A for Morgan 1400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

losdrivare

Registered
I'm a newbie here, so please bear with me if I'm asking basic stuff or a topic that has been discussed before. I've spent time searching for this info with no luck so I hope you won't mind sharing your knowledge with me! :)

I've got an old Abit KT7A v1.0 board and recently upgraded my tbird 850 to a dirt cheap duron/morgan 1400 I stumbled upon. It's factory unlocked and has been tested and found stable at 2800MHz(!) in my cousins rather extreme system.

My problem is that the highest multiplier I can get with my KT7A board is 12.5 and that my rotten Inno3D ti4200 has a zero tolerance policy regarding any higher FSB's. I'm sure the Morgan would go higher, at 1666MHz it runs at 38-41 degrees celcius idle and it reaches 48 degrees after a night of prime95.

Any suggestions as how to get higher multipliers with the Morgan and KT7A board? For instance, I heard about a "resistor mod" to get higher multipliers but never found any info about it.

Any help appreciated! :)

(cross-posted this to the AMD processors section as I don't quite know where it belongs; if the mobo or the processor need modding)

I got the 1200MHz 2x133FSB I'm not really sure about Duron processors but I heard they only go up to 2x100FSB (i.e 200MHz) so to set your system right
1st you need the latest BIOS update do you have that?
2nd Reset your BIOS and tell me what it reads?

Back