• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s stability problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necromanx13x

Well, Im still having a lot of trouble getting my system to run stable. Right now I have it running as follows:

217x11
1:1
1.95Vcore
2.8Vdimm
1.7Vcc
Bios 19

I just ran memtest for about 10 hours and I didnt get a single error so Im pretty sure my ram isnt causing the problem. However, after trying the vdimm mod and running into more stability problems I removed the mod. Since then, I now get errors running memory in the 2nd dimm slot no matter what the settings are. So now I have a stick in the 1&3 slots running dual. Anyway, my problem is that I cant run 3dmark01 for long periods of time and I cant run the blend torture test in p95 for more than a few hours without getting errors. Is there anything I can do to eliminate other things as sources of the problem so I can figure out exactly what is causing the problem. If theres any other important info or settings I left out just let me know.

I'm still having a similar problem myself, so any ideas on this would be welcome to me too.

Necromanx13x - you could try lowering the chipset voltage to 1.5v. That seemed to help some people.

You might also wanna try bios MV10, and yes vdim 1.5 is the best for this board, its been proven time and time again. I ran 250 at 1.5 vdimm, anyways, this bios corrupts data, however only under extreme conditions (from what i found) i.e. first time I went 250*11 it crashed windows, and after that (until i redid my bios) was making me do a hd check on boot up everytime. Plus at those timings, I suppost maybe going up one more v for the ram would not hurt, but i think thats the '<fine line> after that you have to up it to 2.9 to pass prime95, atleast in my case. I would also recommend not run your vcore so high, I was able to be just fine at even 1.65, however did not pass prime at that level, go down a few notches on your vcore and try again. Here is a link for some good info

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=258474

Is there a page with some information on this mv10 BIOS you speak of? I've tried the D10 BIOS, but it didn't like my BH-5.

Well, it seems like I finally got my system stable. I formatted my system yesterday but before the format I got it totally stable at the above settings except with a Vdd of 1.6V instead of 1.7V. Oddly enough, after the format, I needed to raise the Vdd to 1.7V and now prime95 has been running for about 10hours so it seems like it should be ok. Ill try your settings rotary after I make sure its stable so far. My board seems to run fine though at 1.7vdd.

Well it failed after 10hours 8minutes, i think im gonna cry. This is kinda a *****. Before the format it ran for over 16 hours. Now, it only ran for 4 hours at the same settings and after I raisd the vdd to 1.7 it ran for 10hours.

Last edited:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=258675&highlight=mv10

Is were I got mine Johan.

necromanx13x, this bios is amazing, I dont understand what a bios could possibly do to increase preformance so much!!!, I can pass prime 95 at 223, without, I fail at 215 (using modded v21 & abits v23)

BTW what type of cooling system do you have? I would not recommend to go at 250 if you dont have extreme cooling, in my case at 250 I ran the computer ouside with the side off and the cpu ran at 1 celcius, however with bios mv10 I am able to run at about 40 celcius with 230*11 and 2-2-2-6 timing @2.9v inside with the cover on.

I dont really want to get as high as 250fsb, im really just aiming for 228 so i can hit 2.5ghz. My cooling setup is in my sig.

Well.... Right now I have it running at 217x11. I had it running p95 for a while and after 16 hours i figured it was enough and i stopped it. However, i tried it again the other day with the same exact settings and it failed after 6 hours...

Back