• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

I have an 8rda+ nforce 2. For some reason everytime I restart my computer its beeps the warning that there has been some failure (like overheating) and I have to reset BIOS. It never saves my setting the next time I reboot. Any remedies? Thanks. I have the BIOS that came out when I got the board (last March) and running 512 megs of buffalo pc3200 ram. Thanks.

i had this problem before, that when i turned off my computer, it would never boot, and i would have to clear cmos... too much of an overclock i finally figured out, so i learned to shut it down by restarting, going into the bios, and taking the multi down to 9 instead of my usual 11.5. then when i powered on again, i took the multi back to 11.5 and was running fine...

once it was running, it was good, but when you turned it off, it didn't like it being clocked so high. so, everytime i powered off i had to clear the cmos, until i learned to "restart", go into bios, lower multi, then save settings, and finally power it off...

i upgraded my cpu since then, but the one i had in there before (1700+) was unlocked. no problems since

It does sound like an overclocking error. Have you tried running it near stock speeds to see if it still does it?

Back