• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ata with nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gusdagoos

i just got this mobo today and wanted to know if i can hook up my primary hard drive to the ata and then my secondary to an ide.....is this fine to do or will i have decreased performance....?

gusdagoos said:
i just got this mobo today and wanted to know if i can hook up my primary hard drive to the ata and then my secondary to an ide.....is this fine to do or will i have decreased performance....?

Do you mean your primary to SATA?? If so, yes you can.

Lvcoyote

yea i want to put my primary hard drive on the sata and then have the secondary i guess will become primary on ide?

No problem doing that, just make sure you put in the SATA 1 port and turn the SATA ports on in bios.

GL

Lvcoyote

Oh, one more thing, make sure you set you boot order so that the SATA controller is first boot device.

GL

Lvcoyote

And when your installing windows it will say press F6 to install 3rd party scsi drivers at a certain point. You will need to do that and use the driver disk that came with your motherboard.

ok gotta make sure i get all this down.....thanks......is there any difference in performance?

One more thing... Make sure the HDD is set as a master when using on SATA w/converter.

As for performance, it is improved when doing tasks where multiple drives are involved. In that case, performance is inhanced since the HDD is not sharing or waiting for the IDE bus. Technically, speed is limited to ATA100.

Back