• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling multiple CPUs on single WC setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward2

I just recently got into WC and have been extremely impressed with how quiet and cool it is. I got one of the D-tek Flowmaster XT kits with the White Water block and Eheim 1250 pump. My 2.4C @ 3.4 GHz is now running about 11C cooler than it did with an SLK-900 and TT SF II (at max speed).

I am now thinking about water cooling my wood computer case setup. Here is an old picture of what it looks like. It NOW has two 1700+ Tbred's @ 2.3 GHz each and a P4 2.4B @ 3.2 GHz. It also has 3 120mm fans on the door, and 3 TT SF II fans on the CPUs.

Wood%20Case.jpg

My question is would it be possible to cool all 3 CPUs with a single WC setup, meaning just 1 pump and 1-2 radiators? I assume that the best approach would be to put all 3 CPU blocks in series, and have 1-2 radiators (in parallel). I am not looking for the absolute best temps on the CPUs with a WC setup, although I do not want the temps to go up any.

Any suggestions or comments? TIA

WOW!

I think you would be better off selecting a pump with high head because of the vertical height. Pump selection will be very important, and perhaps get a very large heater core.

No problem! It is just as if you were cooling CPU, GPU and NB except the 3 CPU's will put out more heat. I would run 2 rads in parallel with a Mag 3 pump or a 1250.

I guess one of my concerns is that 3 WW blocks might be too restrictive compared to 1 CPU, 1 GPU, and 1 NB block. Any suggestions on a good but less restrictive block? Or would I be OK with 3 WW blocks in series?

I was definitely considering the Mag 3 pump, since it seems to have a much higher head pressure output. I think I understand most of the problems people have had with this pump.

(edit) The picture may be a little misleading. The door is only about 24 inches tall. I was thinking that I would put the pump and radiators either in the bottom area where the blue router is shown, or possibly put them in a separate external box.

I doubt the Eheim 1250 would be able to handle that kind of setup. I would go for the Mag 5/7 or an Iwaki.

Iwakis are supposed to be really good, but I don't know any info on them. That's just from what I've heard.

If you do get a Danner pump, get the Mag 3, not the Mag 5. The Mag 3 has the same head, just a little less flow and a good bit less wattage. Eheim 1250 would work nicely too.

3 WW's will be fairly restrictive. You might be better off with some Spir@l blocks, TC-4's, or even Maze4's. Those should do fine, especially if you're not trying to go for extreme overclocking, or very low temps.

There's plenty of room in that wood case for a couple of radiators. You could probably put a couple of Chevette cores or even two Caprice cores in there.

a mag 3 would be fine for this set up
if you want a good low restriction block, you could go with the TC-4 or the Swifty block.
You'll want to go with atleast 2 heatercores, 3 would be nice.
that looks like a folding setup so thats a lot of load, not including the overclock, thats gonna be a lotta watts to cool.
if you decide to go with 3 heatercores and 3 WW blocks, you'll need a Mag 5 or 7.

Yeah, I don't see much use in WW's. More expensive, and a lot more restriction. If you did, it would take a Mag 7 or an equivalent, like Korndog said.

You can get scratch and dent TC-4's at Dtek - they're pretty inexpensive, and would work fine.

I would go with a Mag3 and put swifty MCW500's on theose CPu's, if those are too much D-tek is having a sale on TC-4's for $25 a peice.

For the rads, I'd get two heatercores of whatever size you can fit and run them in parallel.

Back