• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-X upgrade from 1006 to 1007 boot fail!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thelizardking_

hi
i own 2 pc with that m/b one with an XP1800+ and another one that was with an XP2400+ OC'ed to XP2700+
i did the upgrade of the bios with the 1800 and ev erything worked correctly....but ...when i did the same with the 2° m/b exactlyy the same m/b rev2.0 after the "flash" the asus software asked me to reboot.....but NOTHING!! the system now want not to boot up!!
the only difference from the 2 upgrades was that in the 2nd one i didnt told to the software to clear the cmos parameter after flashing the bios.
I have tryied to clear manually the bios ....but the mb still want not to boot !!
it seems to "work" if i try to boot up without memory or without the video card ....couse it rings as usually

there is any suggestion to try to "resuscitate" my mb ?!?!
thanks

Re: Re: A7N8X-X upgrade from 1006 to 1007 boot fail!!

Maximouse said:

Its a good sign if it responds without a video card.

See this thread:http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197683&highlight=asus+bootblock

Try it with your board and see if it works.

i did it already....trying to see if the floppy seek will resuscitate ..i was also starting it without v/card ....but nothing........ the only thing is that i didn't tryed chancing the video card..... but i dont think that it will work... thanks the same

or jsut hot-swap tha bios into the booted board and reupdate it, since it's the same rev too...

Hawker-rider said:
or jsut hot-swap tha bios into the booted board and reupdate it, since it's the same rev too...

yes.....i did it ........and now everything works
i was trying before.......to change bateries.....and trying lots of stuff trying to wake up atleast the floppy as i saw on other "infos around"
but that one was the only chance

after the resuscitation i have upgradred the bios to the 1007 again and it was "freezing" again
now i have the 1006 version of the bios
really strange that in 2 motherboard of the same revision
one hangs and the other one no!!!
i will write to the Asus

thanks to all

Back