• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MD-20RLZT or MD-30RLZT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrMOSFET

Hi All.

Do you think that the MD-30 RLZT is worth an extra $40? It is a pretty beastly pump...

The Iwaki MD-20 is $179.99 and the MD-30 is $218.99 (US) at customaquatics.com

I want to make sure to have a very good pump... just for peace of mind.

I had both. I am now sticking with the 20. I ran a test on a closed loop about 15' in length. No heat-source. There was as much as a 1° increase in water temperature from the 30. Most of the readings were much lower, but there was definitely 'more' heat put in the water. The system I'm building has more than ample pressure so the 30 wasn't needed.

They are both great pumps though... depending on your setup, the 30 might be more worthwhile. Unless you have *many* blocks, a 'high' system (much vertical distance to cover) or an extremely high flow-resistant setup (multiple rads), the 30 would probably be overkill.

They are about the same. Proper mounting will ensure for a stable pump and therefore, nice and peaceful.

It's louder than a little MaxiJet1200 but not as loud as a Via.

Back