• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused With Sound Inputs On Nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gusdagoos

i know that i got the 6 channel chip with my nf7-s v2 but i want to know what exactly hooks up to the left/right rear, left/right front, center/sub inputs......cause i have speakers with just regular speaker wire but can somehow tell me how this works?

when I installed the nforce drivers it installed a control panel for the nvidia audio which runs in the system tray, double click that icon and click on the speaker setup tab, in there clcik the speaker setup wizard... it will tell you what to plug in where (I found this out 'cause I had the same problem a while back). It tells u to plug in the rear surround to the line in and the center/sub to the mic in or something...its odd but it works. I know the front left/right plug into the green one and the rear l/r plug into the black. If you plan on splicing your speaker wires into a mini jack connector then I dont know which section of the mini jack connector is left/right/ground but trial and error will get the job done and the speaker setup tab has a button called test tone which sends the word left to the left speaker right surround to the rear right, etc.

That will work, but isn't the best way. In the audio wizard you have to check some boxes telling it to use mic and line in for that. While I havn't used a real 5.1 system, I have played with a makeshift 4.1 system (a 2.1 and a 2.0 put together.) In the Soundstorm control panel, I set it to 4 speakers. Plugged my 2.1 into the regular speaker jack (green) and the 2 extra speakers into orange. It worked fine.

With 5.1, it should work with the front left and right in green, center and sub in black, and rear left and right in orange. You can use the mic (pink) and line in (blue) instead of black and orange, but you lose line in and mic.

yea i know where they go....but what i dont get is most speakers hook up to the subwoofer and then one line goes to the computer....how can it work differently? got any pictures i can see cause im really confused thanks

What kind of speakers are they? If you give me the model of them I might be able to find out something more helpful. Having only one line in from the computer seems odd. The 5.1 sets I've looked at all have multiple lines running between the computer and sub, with 5 speakers comming out of the sub.

yea thats exactly what im talking about.....if all the speakers go into the sub....how does the inputs on the nf7-s get used....the rear, front, and center/sub ones...

Back