• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXOS Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Net-trix

Registered
Hi All...

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on my situation. I am running an EXOS system with the 200G CPU waterblock and a chipset waterblock. My rig consists of an overclocked Barton 2500 that is running at 11*213.
When my CPU is idle, my temps (as recorded by EXOS unit) is 28C, however, at full load my temps go to 38C and the comp freezes (EXOS mode 2). I need to run mode 3 in order to keep temps down.
I was wondering if my setup can be improved. I seems to me that my mode 2 temps are a little high. Am I right about this? Any suggestions?

The only thing I can think of that I can do is to cut the access tubing. Will this help?

Thanx

a better waterblock would probally help some. That koolance block your talking about isnt great. But like sk8 said it not really made to perform, just look nice and be quiet.

im not too happy with my koolance case... workin on new setup now... but ya those are about the temps im getting... also remember add about 4-5c to what the exos records to get your cpu temp (least thats about the difference on mine)

You could use a new block, but then you would need a new pump because the exos one is weak. Then you might need a new rad because the exos one is too weak. Then you would probably want a res, so thats extra, and then the tubing on your chipset block would be too small so you would get a new one of those....you get the point. A few people bought exos's here and went back to air shortly after. Only when they got real watercooling did they realise what they were missing.

Thank you all for the responses. I appreciate that the EXOS is not a hardcore water setup, and I feel the overclock I have is o.k. i just wanted to know if what I had was average for the EXOS and I guess it is. :)

Back