• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tigers131

Registered
Hello all,

This is my first time posting on this forum. I have started getting into overclocking and cooling computers here recently and still have alot to learn. Currently i have a 8rda+ mobo/Athlon Xp 2200+/crappy 512mb pc2100 ram which kills some of my overclocking i think/the ati 9600xt vc/. Right now my proc is running at about 2.0 Ghz,1934 to be exact. My FSb is 148 with a multi of 13. Memory timings are 1:1 3, 3, 3, 7, I dont know much about overclocking memory or anything about the timings. any way my question is what is a good water cooling kit to get that isnt so pricy say 100$? i have 5 fans going atm and my system temps are cpu 35C and system 23C. Now i dont know if this is accurate, I getting this info from Unified System Diagnostic Manager that came with the mobo I believe. So any suggestions would be appreciated as well as ay suggestions or tips about memory timings and memory overclocking. Thanks

The best thing you can do is save up for a good solid H20 system. Don't spend $100 on a kit you will end up replacing anyway. If you start out with solid components (good block, pump, rad etc.) they should last you years to come.

There's tons of great memory information over in the memory section. They've helped me out a lot.

One of the best things you can do is use the search feature. A lot of people ask this question, so you're sure to find plenty of useful info.

Goods blocks can be found at www.dtekcustoms.com and www.dangerden.com, and also at www.sidewindercomputers.com. Sidewinder carries Swiftech blocks. A good beginning block (and inexpensive) would probably be a scratch and dent TC-4 from www.dtecustoms.com. The best performers around are currently the Danger Den RBX and the DTek White Water.

Good pumps are the Eheim 1250, Eheim 1048, Danner Mag 3, Hydor L20 and Hydor L30. The Swiftech MCP600 is another good (and pricey) option.

Most people use 1986 Chevette heatercores for radiators around here. You can get one at an auto parts store for $20-$30.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Hope that helps. :D

Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up a chevette heater core today from O'reillys for 17$. Will probably go with a danner mag3 from petsmart and still not sure about the WB. What size/kind of tubing to i need to purchase for this project? The heater core has a 5/8" inlet and a 3/4" outlet.

You should probably use 1/2" ID clearflex 60. You can get it at www.mcmaster.com for $.65/ft. Check on page 85 under chemical PVC tubing. It's 1/2" ID, 1/8" wall, and 3/4" OD.

Thanks Johan for the input. One quick question for you. I am trying to figure out how to use sandra, are you familiar with the program? If you are, could you help me out on how to use this software? I am not sure what it is supposed to do or even how to perform a stability test. Thanks

Back