• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Wather block question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ayoung

Ok I just got my water block and there is a few thing im blurry about:

First what it came with:

Block- Mag 3 Spirial (Cant see into it)

4 screws- with

(From top to bottom)

-Plastic washer
-Big spring
-Little metal nut
-Bigger hand screw nut

-A plate that i would assume the bolts would go into. I assume this goes under the board, but wont it short my board out?

Its metal and there a lot of metal circuits on my mobo (duh? right? now you know why im asking.)

And then 4 little screws with 2 small nuts. Maybe for P4?? I have no idea

But what is the orientation of all this on my mobo to make it work right and not wreck anything?

Thanks!

Adam:cool: :rolleyes:

Wow im dumb..

That was when I woke up.

My Pump is a mag 3..

lol:rolleyes:

But yeah!!! Its a D-tek Spriral..

So I got this used and I have no idea the orientation of this.

Any help would be great!

:eek:aDaM:eek:

ITs for AMD correct? if so, you wont need the plate i dont believe.

Take the long screws, place a plastic washer on them, and run them from the back to the front of you board through the mounting holes.
Put a plastic washer down on the screw on the fron of the mobo, so now u have a plastic washer on the front AND back of the mobo.
Place the block on.
Put the springs on.
Put the hand nuts (should be gold) on.
Tighten them diagnoaly.

Your done.

DOHcrazy is correct. The plate is only used for P4's because the holes in the waterblock do not match the holes on a P4 mobo. The plastic washer on the backside of the mobo keeps the screw from grounding anything on your mobo. Just make sure that the WB does not touch any components on the frontside of your mobo when installed. If it does, you can use some electrical tape to insulate the WB from the various components.

Here is a link to a review of the D-tek Spiral WB. The pictures are not great, but it does give an idea of how the WB should be installed.

I just wanna say thanks a lot guys!

This is my first setup, and im waiting for the UPS guy to drop off my 1/2" hose!!

Then ill get started with all the testing and such.

Thanks again!

Adam

Back