• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shuttle has BAD customer service.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

I wanted to buy a new bios chip for my messed up mn31n and I have emailed different business departments there once a week since jan1. I have gotten not one response to any email. It's like they just get it and throw it out the window without reading it. How can I persuade shuttle to respond to any of my emails? Any ideas?

There is a service you can mail your chip to and they'll re-flash it for you, try a Forum search and a link should turn up. Otherwise if you still have access to the AN35N you could hot-flash it as they both use the same BIOS chip I believe.

Regards, Balrog

Yeah, when I bought my AN35NU I acknowledged beforehand that if anything was weird, it would be up to ME to fix it because I'd heard about their terrible customer service already.

Thanks Balrog, I actually spent more time than I intended in photoshop trying to chop it down so it fit. I think it needs a few more touch ups.

Quailane said:
I wanted to buy a new bios chip for my messed up mn31n and I have emailed different business departments there once a week since jan1. I have gotten not one response to any email. It's like they just get it and throw it out the window without reading it. How can I persuade shuttle to respond to any of my emails? Any ideas?

I just spoke to Shuttle Tech today with good results. My suggestion..call em up...its worh the cost vs the wait with Email.
Good luck keep us posted.

I tried to RMA my AN35N Ultra after the bios crapped out (a notorious problem that I was unaware of) and I couldn't get a response forever. 3 RMA forms filled out, then a week after the third and a mention of the Better Business Bureau, they finally got back to me with an 800 number to call, but when I called the number they wanted my RMA number they never gave me! So needless to say, I didn't get to talk to anyone but the machine that wanted the RMA number. So despite this, I'm going to get an MN31N because it's the only mATX board with Soundstorm on it. This might work out in the end though, since I should be able to flash the corrupt bios in the AN35N with the chip off the MN31N. I hope.

Thats why you always buy from NewEgg or other vendor with good RMA policy, they'll even cross-ship your RMA if you want. I've found Shuttle CS to be decent if you just have a question, if you have a problem you're screwed.

Regards, Balrog

I bought my board from newegg. Refurbed so only 2 week waranty.

HA! i tried calling shuttle once & i was on hold FOREVER!!! It was ridiculous, i gave up & posted in forums & figured out my problem alone

yeah I had some questions about the an35nu I got and it took atleast a week for a email reply, thats slow, so I'd guess that a rma thru shuttle might be slow too.

actually MI, yeah I learnd to look here or a few other forums for answers to questions I have. Altho shuttle tells me the kingston ram I had should've worked for me, so now I think I had doa ram, and ended up rma'ing for a return, oh well the buffalo is working great.

Quite a few people have had problems with Kingston RAM on this and other nForce boards. I know with their CAS 2.0 sticks you sometimes have to boot with slower CAS 2.5 and save with slow timings then insert the Kingston and tweak from there. I've had real good luck with Buffalo, hope yours works out as well.

Regards

yeah I found out all the things to try with that hyperx, and I tried all the tips to get it to work, I even took it to a friend that has some 3500 hyperx and couldnt get it to work in his asus deluxe board, and he just happend to be building a pc for a friend and it was a abit and still didnt work in that either, I asked kingson for a rma, and they told me I bought the wrong ram, I told kingston thats the last time I buy kingston. I told kingston it was bad ram, they just didnt want to replace it and honor their 'warranty'

Wow, I guess it was bad RAM! Up til now I've always used Crucial and had great luck, OC'd pretty decent as well, but their PC3200 just isn't up to par, so I bought the Buffalo. I'd really like to try some Mushkin Black but its a bit too pricey for my meagher budget.

Regards, Balrog

I have kingston value pc2100 that works well on my mn31n in dual channel, and my stepdad has kingston value pc3200 in dual channel on his comp running very well. Kingston is my favorite brand, as I pick up a 256mb pc2100 stick every other week for $9.99 and they all work flawlessly. Finding something to do with it is harder to figure out. At least I have a cheap ram stockplie which, coupled with my ram in my comp, equals about 2GB of pc2100 kingston of all varieties and chip makes.

well I like the buffalo with winbond ch5 chips pc3200 I got now, Crucial has always worked out well and their service is great, I still have 1 stick of ram I need to rma to crucial. atleast they honor their lifetime warranty, unlike kingston. the hyperx I rma'd(to reseller) was the last kingston I buy.

Back