• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fried AU13????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cstarritt

Hi everybody, i think i have hosed my FIC AU13 mobo (nForce2 spp mcp-t)

the board has served my faithfully for almost a year now, but the other night it died on me while i was playing with the mem timings.

i had been using 2 sticks of cheap 256 mb pc2700 ram, and i bought 512mb pc3200 hyperx. i had been running all three of these dimms just fine at 200fsb for a couple months, and i wondered if the extra 512 ram was worth running the mem at relaxed timings.

so i pulled the cheap ram and left the timings at what the bios detected for the hyperx (they were low, dont remember what they were exactly) and loaded windows. it was very unstable, so i went back into bios and relaxed the timings a bit and when i saved and exited, the screen went black.

now when i turn the comp on, nothing happens. first thing i did was reset the cmos, didnt work. then i pulled everything off the board and started to troubleshoot. ive tried an old 1.4 tbird cpu on it, the old ram i was using, a pci vid card, a diff powersupply, and ive had it unplugged, the cmos batt pulled, and the cmos clear jumper tripped overnight and it still wont post. the speaker plugged into the mobo doesnt beep, but it doesn make a strange click noise (fried?)

im down to it having to be something wrong with the mobo, and before i go and buy an NF7-s v2 off newegg, i wanna know if there is any other tricks i can pull to try and revive the board.

thanks for your time

It sounds like you tried everything cstarritt, bummer, guess its NF7-S time. You might try a hot flash if you know of someone with the same version BIOS chip. There is also a service you can send your chip to and have them re-flash it, try a quick forum search and the link should turn up. Good Luck!

Regards, Balrog

Back