• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Right now im running a pump which only pumps about 90 gph and im running a cpu,vga,and nb block and I beleive that it is whats stopping my pelt from working correctly. What kind of rating for gph and brand should I look for for buying a new pump. I need something submersable (perferably) and that costs around 30-40 or less. Thanks.

creepy said:
Right now im running a pump which only pumps about 90 gph and im running a cpu,vga,and nb block and I beleive that it is whats stopping my pelt from working correctly. What kind of rating for gph and brand should I look for for buying a new pump. I need something submersable (perferably) and that costs around 30-40 or less. Thanks.
I was running a Hydor L30 which given head height and such was pushing around 270 GPH and that was only for a CPU block @93*F

I just very recently got a Danner Pro Mag 700 which will flow 700 GPH...

Yeah, it looks like your pump could be causing some problems. Look for something with high head - the Danner Mag 3 comes quickly to mind. That can run submersible or inline.

i have an idea that i'm pondering, since you specified submersable
you might want to try it.
i am peicing together a water cooling system and not buying anything made for water cooling except the blocks.
for the pump i found that garden centers, and lowes, and any place
that sells those yard ponds, have submersable pumps cheap,
in alot of different sizes, and flowrate.
the pumps are 110volt and made to run 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
i've done alot of reasearch on this and i'm down to what flowrate to get.
it wont hurt you to at least check it out, could save some $$$$

simpleman said:
i have an idea that i'm pondering, since you specified submersable
you might want to try it.
i am peicing together a water cooling system and not buying anything made for water cooling except the blocks.
for the pump i found that garden centers, and lowes, and any place
that sells those yard ponds, have submersable pumps cheap,
in alot of different sizes, and flowrate.
the pumps are 110volt and made to run 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
i've done alot of reasearch on this and i'm down to what flowrate to get.
it wont hurt you to at least check it out, could save some $$$$
First nice ICP icon...
second, the pump I just got is for medium sized ponds...:D 68 delivered...700 GPH as stated before..

cool so someone thinks like me, i have never even seen a water cooled rig except on net and in photos so i don't know anything
about the pump flow rate. so is 700gph where i need to be ?

Back