• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mb trouble need help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deadphishy

Ok i bought a new abit Nf7-2. I installed will all my old stuff listed below. I booted up to get the CPU unuseible or changed, check in soft menu 3. so i fittle with it a bit. and get it to boot. but it only gets to the windows load screen then restarts. I don't know what to make of this. So i decided to put in the windows disc. And it's loading, but very very slow. I mean it's taking like 4 mins to copy 1% of the installation files.

Any ideas what i should look for or try?

Did you do a fresh install of your OS? Are you running your WD on its own IDE channel solo? If so did you remove the rear jumper?

Regards, Balrog

No it's the old installed windows. And i think now thats the problem. Going from a Kt333 to NF2, windows isn't compatible. Anyway i got the speed problem fix, and i'm installing windows as we speak, On another partition. Man, i let myself get rusty. I should have known all of this. Stupid college filling my brain with junk and pushing out all of the important things. Oh well. Thanks i'll let you know if it all works.

Cool! Yeah XP is especially a PITA if you switch MoBos, supposedly running a Repair Install will allow you to save formating your HDD. Jeeze, what do you want to be an OCer or someone with an education and a future, ya gotta make a choice :D Good Luck!

Regards, Balrog

All is well, this board is very nice!. so much easier to overclock then my 7vrxp gigabyte. I had to mess with the 1/5 diversoir bs, everytime i cold booted. it really got to me after a while.

Back