• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my first WC setup running but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GM1010

....I go to put the Whitewater on and realize I either lost or left my Arctic Silver 3 home when I was there for winter break.. :mad:
I ended up using some white goop that came with my SLK-800 and it's running hotter than with air...ah well...time to go shopping.

It's a Dtek Pro-Core rad with a 53 cfm Vantec Stealth, Quiet One 1200 w/ 1/2" Clearflex, and the WW, plus a few case fans. I'm also a dumbass though because the WW came with Arctic Alumina and I had it set in my mind that it was the adhesive one, so I didn't use it. Wouldn't make much sense to include it with a waterblock, but hey, you never know, so I didn't use it. I wonder if it's worth an order just for AS when I have the alumina sitting here?

Yeah, give the alumina a shot, and see if it helps your temps. If your temps go to where you want them, then just settle for the alumina. It's pretty good paste.

Back