• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S bios: CPUFAN fail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t_biggs

I did a search for this and came up with nothing. So sorry if it's already been asked.

But anyways, does anyone know what RPM will set off the CPUNFAN fail function of the BIOS? The HSF I'm getting can go down to 1900 RPM. I'm hoping this won't force a shutdown with that bios option enabled, because I don't want to disable it.

Hi,
I can slow my fan down to 1450rpm and my computer doesn't shut down, it does get a little warm just sitting there with the fan that low but still keeps on going. Hmm sounds like a battery plug. lol

Later
RGP

The HSF I'm getting can go down to 1900 RPM.

I don't know what the default rpm setting for shutdown is in bios, but I think you'll be alright with anything over 1500 rpm's. You could probably go down much lower than that, like well under 1000 rpm's.

My Smart Fan 2 turned all the way down shuts down the comp. I disabled the feature. If the fan dies, and I don't notice it first the on-board thermal shutdown will kill the comp before any damage is done.

Zach, what is the RPM of that fan when you turn it all the way down?

I would turn it off and rely on thermal shutdown, but I like having as much redundancy as possible.

Back