• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Aquarius 3 any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
has anyone here had any experience with the thermaltake aquarius 3 kit? is it any good? what temps does it manage? should i get this or something else - recomendations?
my choices are currently - (in preference order)
aquarius 3
some other water cooling rig
the vapochill amd titanium extreme
promethia mach 2 (only last because i cant find anywhere that sells a suitable psu that meets the required specs and wont die)

thanks

vrykyl

liquid cooling and phase change are as different as air and liquid. If I had the money I would definately go phase change.

As for the Aquarius, here is a review from tweaktown.

this dude auctioned one in the box for $138 US.

and here and here are a couple disscusions about it right from these forums.

It dosen't look good for the Aquarius!

IMO there hasn't been a kit yet that's worth buying.

Good Luck and welcome to the world of WC (or is it gonna be phase change) well whatever :)

Peace

Vrykyl, most people in the forum don't recommend buying a kit, and you probably can build a better water cooling setup by getting all the pieces separately. I did not have the time to do this, so I bought the D-tek Flowmaster XT kit sold HERE. I got, and would highly recommend, you get the White Water CPU block and the Eheim 1250 pump. I have been very pleased with this kit so far.

I am running this kit on my P4 2.4C @ 3.5 GHz at 1.60 volts. My CPU temp dropped by about 11C versus the SLK-900 and TT SF II fan. My ambient temp is running about 26C and my CPU load temp is running about 33C.

Back