• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highlighter Fluid in your Coolant = BAD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oRIDDLERo

I don’t know but I am fairly certain when my younger sister was… well younger she used to have bottles all over with water and highlighter ink in them next to backlights because they looked “cool” The reason I mention this here is because I recall noticing after a few months the bottles would develop a nasty kind of film (perhaps the ink staining the glass bottles) developing on the walls of the containers. If this film bonds so readily to glass I can only imagine how it might bond to the internals of a cooling system. I wonder if over time this film might degrade performance. Anyhow just wanted to mention it beacause i see more and more users using this method with uv light setups instead of using the real UV dye.

I used yellow hi-lighter for at least 5 months on one of my older rigs and it didn't degrade performance or form any hi-lighter film. No clue how much I put in but I let the whole (somewhat used) stick soak completely in the water.

Im not going for a glow, im just going for the color. Is it a nice dark blue color? and does the color hold? or does it fade quickly?

It's very light and faint. It doesn't "dye" the water like uv/color dyes you buy.

Back