• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s sound/sata issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

alright, i cant seem to get all teh yellow "!" in device manager to go away on my computer, it has no acess tot he net so i cant get drivers. all the problems are with the built in stuff on hte mobo, but i can deal witht them later.

theres no sound device found by any audio program, yet device manager sees it. why? even the sound setup in XP doesnt work. any ideas?

also, my ide/sata adapter refuses to work. i cant get XP to see the drive on it, nor can i get the computer to boot from it. did i miss something here, too? thanks.

I assume you enabled both of those in the bios? The SATA enable option is in integrated peripherals > onboard pci device > Serial ata controller. You will have to install the drivers for the sata controller before windows will see it. You should have gotten a floppy or something with your mobo with the drivers. Also if you want to boot off the sata drive you have to enable it as a boot device in the bios also.

hm, i assumed it was already enabled, i diddnt see it as an enable/disable option, guess i diddnt look hard enough. (i set it as a boot device, the only one and i jsut get weird problems saying it doesnt work.)

Back