• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP-600 setup questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

govern1

Registered
I asked the question in an earlier thread about the Swiftech mcw-5002 for the AMD64 compared to a Maze4. How about it compared to a RBX for AMD64? I will be getting the MCP-600 to go with it. Which would be better?
Now, the actual question I meant to ask (sorry) is this: Is there a way to power this pump on to bleed and fill the system, without turning on the computer? I have a criticool, but that's only for ac pumps. Any such beast for a dc pump like the mcp-600?

Appreciate any help or opinions.

I understand that it is best to test the setup outside the case, but the way I have to route the hoses from the pump/block/resevior/rad, that isn't possible. If I get to the point that I'm going to be installing a new block, or something major like that, I empty the case of the motherboard and all things electronic (I make a day of it). So, I leave the setup in the case. Trust me, the last thing I would want to do id fry something! (wife would kill me!!)

Thanks for the replies.
Any thoughts on the RBX vs. 5002 for AMD64?

govern1 said:
I understand that it is best to test the setup outside the case, but the way I have to route the hoses from the pump/block/resevior/rad, that isn't possible.

I've found that once you test a system and realize what you need to do to stop the leaks, you can take it apart and put it back together without leaking. So I would fit the system, then assemble and test away from the computer. Once you got it leak free install it back in the computer. This will let you fix any severe leaks without risking your system.

Back