• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Special Case Needs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrMOSFET

This may be my final question before I actually start buying stuff :D

I want to create a box and put it under my case (I want to put it under my case seeing it will be kind of heavy). I don't really know what I am going to make the box out of either (maybe Lexan). I will then drill holes through the bottom of the case and run the cooling hoses up (through rubber grommets).

So basically what I need healp with is picking out a good case for this. I was thinking of the Lian Li PC60 or PC65. Any other suggestions? Does anyone have any experience with creating an external cooling system like this?

Also I think I would like to assemble a portion of the bottom box with thumb screws so that it is easy to access the internals of the cooling system in case of an emergency. And I am looking for a part.. I dont know what they are called so let me explain.

Assume you have two pieces of material and you want to use a thumb screw to hold them together. Do they make something that is threaded that you can attach to bottom piece of the material so that the thumb screw has something to grab ahold of?

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:
I have a pc60 and i made a wooden box and soon is changning to idk what, but on the mobo tray next to the pci slots there is xtra alum that looks as if you could mount 3 40mm fans, i took my 1.25" hole saw and bored 2 holes and there you have holes to run tube throught and external power source for rad fans, good luck!

I think I am going to use 120 mm fans.

If you are looking at the case from the front I am going to have the air flowing from right to left... or the other way around... I don't think I need to add any more fans to the case... just two for the Heater Core and maybe one blowing on the MD-30RLZT (because I hear it gets warm)

I upgrading my setup at the moment i'm going external but i'm using an old mini at case to put all my stuff in to save me the trouble of building a box myself seeing as i have no tool skills.

To your prob i think there is a drill bit that actually threads a hole.
i think thats how it's done.

Hope it helps
later

found404 said:
... i have no tool skills.

To your prob i think there is a drill bit that actually threads a hole.
i think thats how it's done.

I don't have any tool skills either, and the tool to thread a hole is called a Tap. (I called my Dad) :)

Looks like we are in this together...

Back