• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best water cooling kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIB

I am looking to water cool my system in the near future. what is the best water cooling kit out there to get?

so it would be better to just by piece by piece.

All of the pre-made kits basically have decided on the compromises that are made for you.
Assembling your own system allows YOU to choose the compromises.

And there are always compromises-
even choosing whether you want max cooling and will accept noise is a compromise.....
SO, yes: it is usually better to build your own.
There ARE a few things about kits that you can NOT get this way:
Ease of shopping/assembly- kits usually include everything you need to water cool.
Limited choices. :D

Seriously- some kits are ok and will perform decently- Asetek, Corsair and Koolance Exos are the ones that pop into my mind offhand. But none of them will get you temps as low OR a system that is as quiet as a home built.
And they usually cost more too.
Building your own does take a bit more time to decide which components and how to fit them all together, but it is worth it to most of the members here that watercool.

It's usually better piece by piece. In can in a lot of cases be cheaper that way, and you have better control over your purchase when you go that route.

The dtek is mostly customizable, and is cheaper. I support the Flowmaster XT. Kits, as I define them, are uncustomizable things, such as an Aquarius II or a Corsair Hydrocool, and those suck.

Back