• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air - How much is too much?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flowrider

Hey all sorry for the n00b question again!!!

Just a quick question. How much air in the lines is too much air? I don't seem to have any large bubbles but I do have some air in my lines. Most of the air seems to be in the form of very small bubbles.

Bleeding this system is more difficult than I thought. It is half the fun anyhow!

You want to get all of it out... how are you bleeding, res or t line? Either way, the air will find it's way up the t or to the res and bleed out, just watch the water level and fill as necessary.

Well, any air in your setup is undersirable. It's not bad to run with some small bubbles flying around, but it certainly doesn't help. If you let it run for a while and you have a T-Line then they'll probably work themselves out in time.

The little tiny bubbles in your tubes should disappear over the course of a day or so MAX.
IF they don't, you most likely have a tiny little leak someplace- may not even see any water.

Do you have hose clamps on all fittings and barbs?

I still have air in my system and I have a T-line that is air tight all the way around (with clamps). My system takes about a week or 2 to be FULLY bled. Its about 99% bled after a day. I just rock my case daily to unlodge any trapped bubbles. Its a minor inconvience, but they will eventualy work their way out.

I initially had a lot of the tiny little bubbles in my WC setup. In fact, they appeared to almost stick to the walls of the tubing. But after about 24 hours, they were all gone. I have a reservoir in my system.

Bleed and fill kit?

That actually works ok (my first H2O rig was the H202c kit a few years ago) but it does seem to take longer than a T-Line or reservoir. Possibly due to the very small bleed fill lines.
What I did was run the system with the shutoff closed, bleed/fill valves open and tubes running into an external reservoir for a few days; eventually it would bleed everything out although temps were horrible thanks to the 1/8" ID fill/bleed tubes!
One pointer: make sure that the outlet bleed lines "Tee" fitting is oriented so that the tube to the external res. is on top- air will rises after all.

I am not sure if the fill/bleed systems they ship now are the same size or not...

Back