• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first attempt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jibjo

homemade rig - all mods with Wiss snips, files and drill.

cp2.JPG

2500xp week 42:( @ 2205 stock vcore 39° max prime 95 hours and hours. I have yet to push the OC.

cp4.JPG

Res has capped cleanout - easy draining. With case side panel (not shown) on, 120mm blow-hole fan @7v aimed at mobo to cool SB and mosfets.

cp1.JPG

homemade dual shrouds, 120mm fans. I turn the fans down with fan controller from 2300rpm to 1900rpm (much quieter) and it cost me only 1° running prime 95:)

cp5.JPG

Any suggestions for improvements thanks & much appreciated.

Very nicely done. The whole thing looks very clean and professional. I especially like the heatercore placement.

You've got a Cascade?

Looks good and very clean excellent first set up.
Suggestions? NB? Graphics card?

Can you explain how you made the shrouds? They look wicked. Did you drill round to make the fan hole then cut between the gaps between drill holes with the snips?
I have poor tool skills but might give it a go seeing as you only used a drill file and snips. I think i can handle that.
I currently have cardboard shrouds.

Can i get a picture of the snips to please? i might invest in a pair.
Cheers.

found404 no tool skills needed: those shrouds are cut easily out of ordinary sheet metal. Those snips are usually called "aviation" snips and you should be able to get them at any hardware type store. The case is 8in across, the fans are 1in each, the chevette core is 2in, so to fit the case the shrouds had to be 2in deep. You can guesstimate, or use simple geometry, to figure out how to cut out the shrouds. No drilling needed until you drill the fan screw holes.

found404: yes I punched a hole through the center and snipped in an ever-increasing circle until the thing was done. edit : you'd be surprised at how neat the final cut is.

temps: ambient 21°, idle 34°, prime95 39° in bios, mbm, and hardware doctor. Hard gaming usually see around 37°. I want to stick a temp probe on the side of the core the next time i reseat the block to get a better idea of true temps.

Back