• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling a Super LAN Boy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreammmatt

Hi all! I have a giant full tower right now - only cost $5 and, though I had painted the inside red, and outside black, i just want a higher quality case... I dont want to spend much, so the $75 for the super lan boy (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-129-145&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1) suits me just fine. But I am wondering about if it would be okay to take the shroud and pro core, and mount them on the outside of the case, behind the exhaust fan (120mm). I believe the case comes with a 70cfm fan, but I have a 125.5cfm one - albeit black and not LED blue. I would run the tubes into the case directly under the fan location and was thinking of putting an L30 pump in the lower left corner. Does this sound acceptable? I am just wondering if the exhaust is gonna be a high enough cfm by the time it passes through the radiator to do it's thing. I will be cooling a 1700+ at around 1.75v and *maybe* an 80w Peltier/waterblock for the radeon.

So to sum it all up: Is this case gonna work for what I wanna do? lol

Not sure about the mounting but one problem i see is that the warm air from the case will be passing through your rad rather than cool air and this will affect your temps.
Later

The way I have my case now, it is sucking air from inside the case as well - However, this case sux at air intake, an intake to output ratio of about 1:6, lol, so I can assume that the heat from my twin 200GB hard drives will warm things up a little once they get cooled - - but keep in mind that the BIG heat sources are gonna be the CPU and VC, so if those are on the water cooling circuit, shouldnt the heat be wisked away to the radiator - leaving the air inside the case 'relatively' cool?

I think it would be more effective to put it at the front, after removing the HD rack. The air wouldn't increase in temp a lot through the case, and, the CPU isn't all that needs cooling.

IMHO that case is a no go for watercooling, too much hdd bays and there will be some restrictions regarding the placement

Back