• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I turn Via 1300 into an inline instead of submerge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the intake for the via 1300 actually is threaded. if you take it apart you'll see what i mean. I would recommend a plastic one, so you're less likly to crack the via's plastic body, and either some RTV silicon to seal it, Teflon sealing tape or any plumbers glue should do the job.
if you can't find the piece at a hardware store, some stores sell it online.
http://www.case-mod.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=2_49_52&products_id=233

Put a clamp around the inlet to prevent cracking, but dont tighten it too much, and dont tighten it at all until you have the barb in. The tape is teflon tape, and it is to prevent leaks from the threads. Just wrap it around the threads on the barb a few times before screwing it in and no leaks.

Yuriman said:
Put a clamp around the inlet to prevent cracking, but dont tighten it too much, and dont tighten it at all until you have the barb in. The tape is teflon tape, and it is to prevent leaks from the threads. Just wrap it around the threads on the barb a few times before screwing it in and no leaks.

um.. i don't think he has put on the barb yet yuriman, the via 1300 comes submergible in retail box, but the ones that are already barbed are done by the companies the sell it like aquastealth.com
the thread/barb adapter case-mod sells has never leaked with me, even w/o hose clamp, i believe leaking will be the least of your problems, but when dealing with expensive componants, some teflon tape or glue is inexpensive.

I believe the thread is 1/2" NPT... and like korndog said, try to buy plastic barbs... cracking the housing is done very easily, as I encountered that while using brass barbs... however, if you do happen to crack it.. teflon tape, and some jb weld around the threads will keep it from leaking.

NOTE: If you do happen to crack... I would do the silence mod before sealing the threads if it is noisey.

Back