• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NAPA is vague (Heater Cores)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrMOSFET

My Question:

I was wondering if you could tell me the difference between:

I know that 4603108 is the "Value Line" model. What exactly does that mean? What are the physical differences between the "Value Line" and normal model?

Do either of these heater cores contain aluminum?

Thanks.

The Response:

Thank you for visiting NAPAonline.com. NAPA value line heater cores offer value priced coverage for the top selling vehicle models and meet minimum original equipment requirements. Copper/brass heater cores are 100 percent tested.

NAPA premium heater cores meet OE fit and performance requirements and are designed with the installer in mind. Aluminum replacement heater cores for GM applications which requires 25mm or 34mm designs. Copper/brass designs to replace OE copper/brass heater core designs and popular Ford aluminum OE designs. Patented features: Aluminum heater cores have a sacrificial “erosion bridge” (effected models) to help prevent premature failure due to erosion. Copper/brass heater cores have an exclusive polished finish for a bright and shiny appearance and offer a one year 12,000 mile warranty.

Can anyone figure out what this means?

Did the person that wrote that graduate high school? I doubt they did, or they cut and pasted out of context.

The only thing I gleaned from a quick glance is the aluminum models have a sacrificial anode (most likely zinc) for cathodic protection. Won't do a bit of good in water-cooling system unless the anode is magnesium.

I just got a value line Chevette heatercore from Napa a couple days ago. Looks fine to me. Everything looks to be made with copper.

Call them during normal business hours (the NAPA people will have to call up the company that does the HCs). I called them when I was HC shopping & the service rep was very helpful.

yea he totally dodged your question =d haha gave you a bunch of high tech mumble jumble that had little or nothing to do with your question to get him self by..

if you ask me i think this guy is clinton in disguise ;p

I got a Value Series. It really doesn't make much of a difference. Get the value line because nothing else is worth the extramoney unless it's specificly made for watercooling a PC system.

So the general opinion here is that NAPA Value Line Chevette Heater Cores do not contain any Aluminum?

I refuse to build a water cooling system with Aluminum in it... everything I have heard on this forum really makes a case against Aluminum

Nope, I don't think mine contains any aluminum. Unless they're using aluminum solder or something...which probably doesn't exist, and wouldn't work too well if it did. Value line is perfectly fine.

Xymurgy said:
If you CALL them, they will give you the answer.

Actually I called them first... The conversation on the phone was alost identical to the email... not a very happy customer. What did they tell you?

You should ask them direcly about Aluminum... I bet you will get some crappy response.

I gave them a part number and asked what it was made out of. They called up the company that makes the heatercore (put me on hold) and got the answer from them. Then the guy came back on my line and said it was made out of copper and brass.

Last edited:
Back