• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mag3 vibrations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I LOVE my mag3, best pump in the world, imho, but it vibrates very badly. I have it in an external box, mad of plastic, because all the other materials buzzed when I used them. The box is now quiet. It also rattled my radiator bad, and one time even rattled the bolts off my fan. Fixed that by snugging everything down. The problem is, its still rattling the stand its sitting on. I put 2 wash cloths under the mad, folded loosely 2 times, and under my box I have a towel folded loosley 3 times. Its a lot quieter than it was before, but it still vibrates it. What can I do? Add more towels?

Add something with more cushion? Mousepad, foam, & bubble wrap are some things that have worked on my mag3.

I have the same pump / problem. I ended up suspending the pump in mid-air with zip-ties. Those guys are great for everything!

I cut out a piece of foam that was used to pack my motherboard form my ehiem 1250, works very well. I have it tied down with nylon string, which doesnt cary vibrations well.

3 layers of mousepad for me, on a carpeted floor. Can't hear it unless I turn everything off and put my ear near the case.

EPDM Rubber weather stripping works well, you can get it at the local home improvment store.

Back